Tuesday, August 6, 2013

All A Glitter!

Sometimes inspiration comes by way of reading about someone doing what my goal is, and that is to take my art on the road. I am working at it and I will. I now have a target date of Sept 2014. I have been following the blog of another artist who is now creating his new journey on the road in a perfect class C RV aptly named Tardis. He has some beautiful pictures of his new life as well as info and reviews for reasonably priced camping areas.  Here it is Pleinair Journey

 I have been back to making a little painting or 2 a day. My lovely little camper Little Sanitee makes for a perfect studio. It can be hard to give myself permission to create my art. My head says to be responsible, mow the lawn, clean the house, pay the bills. When I enter my little camper, which I have hooked up to power, I can become independent of real life for a while. 
I had some fun with glitter. I think that's going into crafts rather than fine art but its fun and feels good. So often in life we lose track of simply going with what makes us happy. The older I get, the more I see what I have missed when it comes to pleasing myself.
For now I shall embrace glitter!
People are often curious about the process of painting. This is blocking the idea in.
This is the finished painting. I have added a 3d butterfly with a charm and glass jewel. 
This is me in the trailer. I have lots of windows and the natural light works just fine. I stayed in my pajamas much of the day yesterday. I even mowed the lawn in them. Life is good.


5 comments:

  1. Your artwork is gorgeous. I have no artistic ability. I admire those that do. You are one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane!
    Oooooh....I like!!!!! Glitter is GoooooooD!!! I wish I had a little trailer art studio like yours. Where we live (Gag Gag plepht plepht spit spit--can you tell I'm not enamoured of the city I live in)I wouldn't be allowed even if I parked it in the back yard. To be able to go outside, into the trailer, shut the door and lock out the world, turn the A/C to full-on cool and create to my hearts content...Bliss.
    You.ARE.A.Most.Fortunate.Woman!
    k- of k&p Catalano
    http://pibbsdreamquest.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will get some updated pics of Little Sanitee. I live in the country on 2 little acres and most of the properties are just little blue collar redneck with horses grazing in the front yards and chickens running around. Two miles away is one of the highest crime areas in Ohio. We can burn trash in our front yard if we want to. The cops are too busy at the projects. Across the street is a pristene manicured state park with a horseman camping site and 30 miles of trails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Ohio once upon a time. In Huber Heights, outside of Dayton. I would love to see more pics of Little Sanitee. It's amazing the pockets of lovliness you can find in the most unexpected of places.
    k-

    ReplyDelete