Saturday, August 24, 2013

Morning at Allwood Reserve

I enjoyed a magical perfect morning at Allwood Audubon Farm early today sitting on the glider just watching the morning pass. If you are quiet, you soon realize how busy other little lives are trying to make a living. I counted several different little birds as well a a few geese that flew overhead. The reserve has lots of Great Blue Heron, actually a spring rookery. When the young are fledging you will find lots of photographers with big expensive cameras taking advantage of the miracles of big baby birds learning to fly. I often take my little painting case and set at one of the picnic tables overlooking the stream and rough in a few small paintings. Today I just read a trashy romance novel until Big Guy arrived with coffee and Donuts from Jim's Donuts in Englewood. We sat on a glider the reserve provides and enjoyed the little birds and sounds of the bugs and birds and water gently flowing over the stones in the brook.
Since I didn't paint on site this morning, I took a few pictures. I'm about ready to go do a painting of these pretty little yellow flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a wonderful place to wake up to. :) Like those flowers and the clear water!

    ReplyDelete